Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP)
The Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) offers income-qualified homeowners and renters the opportunity to lower residential utility costs by adding weatherization efficiencies. The program helps applicants understand energy audits and provides informational resources to help people make cost-effective, realistic decisions concerning weatherization.
For HWAP eligibility guidelines, click here >> Ohio Department of Development - HWAP
Warm Choice Program
- The Warm Choice Program offers low-income Columbia Gas customers a thorough inspection of the house and heating equipment, client education, heating equipment repairs or replacement, insulation and weather-stripping and referrals to other energy programs. These services are provided free of charge to qualified customers.
- Funds may be available for down-payment assistance combined with home rehabilitation.
- We can help income-eligible customers with home repairs -- including repair or replacement of defective furnaces, severely leaking roofs, water infiltration, gas line breaks, septic system issues, structural problems caused by collapse of a roof, porch or foundation and repairing damage caused by fire or wind. Other maintenance issues that cause health and/or safety problems for occupants may also qualify as a home repair.
- Through low-income housing tax credits and supportive services, we have been partners in the development of affordable housing projects such as Pleasantville Commons, Pleasant View and Pershing House. These projects have created or rehabilitated 102 units of affordable rental units in our community.
- For more information about these facilities, click here to visit the Gorsuch Management website.
- We are active members of the Fairfield County Housing Coalition. The coalition's mission is to assist individuals and families who become homeless or who are at risk of becoming homeless to regain housing stability and quality of life.
• Fairfield County Continuum of Care Plan 2008-2009
• Fairfield County Continuum of Care Plan Summary
• Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness
• Ohio Development Website Contact