• Food pantry funded by United Way, clothing pantry and homeless shelter for families.
• Homelessness prevention program that provides rent, deposit, utilities and mortgage assistance to help people facing eviction or foreclosure and possible homelessness.
• Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) for utility assistance to qualified households during winter and summer months.
Home Energy Assistant Program (HEAP)
HEAP offers heating bill assistance during the winter heating season. Whether an eligible household heats with electric, gas, firewood, coal, propane, fuel oil or kerosene, this program can help. Customers who receive utility services from AEP or Columbia Gas may also be referred for the Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP). The Summer Crisis Program assists low-income households with residents who are age 60 and over and Ohioans with a qualifying medical condition – people who are the most vulnerable to serious health problems resulting from summer's extreme temperatures. Those eligible for the program may receive electric bill payment assistance.
Customers seeking assistance through HEAP need to provide:
• Documentation of all household gross income received in the past 13 weeks
• Electric Bill and Gas Bill (if applicable) and the disconnect notice
• Social Security cards or other federal social security number verification for all household members
For more information about HEAP, click here:
• Ohio Department of Development - HEAP
• HEAP Application
The Food Pantry is primarily funded by United Way and community donations. Emergency food boxes are available weekdays from 8 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Eligible households may receive food once a month. Customers requesting assistance should bring income verification and Social Security cards for all household members.
The clothing pantry is open at varying hours on weekdays. Please call ahead to find out specific times.
Eligible households may receive assistance to prevent a family from becoming homeless. Funds are limited and may not be available year-round. Customers seeking assistance need to bring:
• Documentation of all gross income received the preceding 13 weeks
• Eviction or foreclosure notice
• Social Security numbers for all household members
Emergency Homeless Shelter
The Homeless Shelter for Families is equipped with kitchen, bath, and laundry facilities and has space for up to four families.
Please call Community Action at 740-653-4146 for more information.